Vacancy: Warehouse Manager
Role: F/T permanent
Hours: 37.5 per week hours between 8am-5pm (to be agreed) Monday to Friday
Salary: £38,000 plus, Dependent upon managerial experience.
Summary of role:
We are looking for a Warehouse Manager who has a modern and flexible approach to warehousing processes with a hunger to research and introduce new innovative processes too drive efficiency. You will play a pivotal role in overseeing and optimizing warehouse operations. Responsibilities include ensuring a safe working environment and supervising warehouse staff. Strong organisational and leadership skills are essential for streamlining processes and maintaining efficiency. The role requires effective communication, problem-solving abilities, assigning tasks and achieving productivity targets and KPI’s whilst ensuring department operations are completed to the company standards. Warehouse Managers contribute to the success of the organisation by ensuring a seamless logistics and a well-functioning warehouse.
- Identifying areas to enhance efficiency in the warehouse through continuous improvements to processes and resources including equipment, automation and layout whilst maximising space utilization with the ability to research and embrace new warehousing technologies to adopt and drive modern warehouse processes.
- Management of the day to day running of the Warehouse department including delegation of duties, assigning tasks, creating work and cleaning Rotas to achieve all productivity targets and KPI’s whilst ensuring all department operations are completed to the company standards.
- Responsible for departmental budgets and working with the overall senior leadership team in development of company strategy.
- Ensure a “safety first” mentality is upheld within all activities in the department, working alongside Chief Officer and SHEQ teams to develop H&S compliant procedures, assisting in carrying out risk assessments, H&S investigations and site inspections as required to ensure compliance and a safe working environment.
- Implementing changes through the setting of department goals and projects with the ability to ensure that projects are completed in a timely manner within budget and KPI’s are achieved.
- Create / maintain an engaged workforce through high levels of communication and motivation whilst promoting the company goals, values, and standards. Holding regular meetings and huddles, being the first point of contact on employee matters.
- Oversee and monitor all employee training & performance of duties ensuring adherence to the company policies and procedures on a daily basis and through work in progress and appraisal reviews.
- Create and review departmental policies and procedures as needed to ensure efficiency within the department. Performing non-compliance investigations where required through a CAPA process to ensure continual improvements and minimal error rate.
- Manage the department overheads & budgets making suggestions on investment opportunities, costs savings and budget planning including CapEx. Liaise with suppliers and transport companies to ensure best prices & level of service.
- Ability to perform all day-to-day warehouse tasks as required within the business.
- Share responsible for opening / closing the Denton site each day as key holder. Also required for out of hour’s emergency response.
- Contribute to business plans/strategies for Company growth and contribute to the CG group companies’ plans through discussions and reporting in manager meeting.
- Responsible for monitoring and ordering of warehouse consumables and equipment.
- Adhere to the Company’s Management System (ISO9001) which contains all departmental procedures and SOP’s and all other standard company rules and regulation including the Environmental Policy. Ensuring all activities in department are carried out in accordance with the H&S policy.
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- 3 Years experience managing a warehouse.
- Good motivator and ability to coach/ mentor workforce
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to interact within a Senior Leadership Team environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, Teams and working with a WMS.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills.
- Keen attention to detail
- Anticipate potential issues/consequences and identify contingency actions.
- Proven track record of achieving results through meeting or exceeding targets and goals.
Please apply via the link and complete our application form HERE
Closing date for applications: 31/01/2024